Waking Day Curriculum
The aims of the 24hr curriculum are related to residential pupils and provide both formal and informal aspects to learning throughout the 24 hour period.
To deliver learning experiences throughout a 24 hour period within both the educational and social setting that help teach new skills, re-enforce and develop skills already taught and to enhance self esteem, develop confidence, and the ability to build positive relationships through consistent approaches and mirrored appropriate behaviour.
An example of a typical timetable for an evening:
- 3.30pm: Pupils gather in dining-room for snack before engaging in their chosen activity
- 4.25pm: Day pupils prepare to depart
- 5.00pm: Tea for residential pupils
- 5.30-7.00pm: Pupils have a choice of structured activities, planned and led by a member of staff
- 7.00-8.00pm: Relaxation / Getting ready for bed
Activities available after school and during the evening include: