Jupiter enjoys tree-mendous nature walk!
23rd September 2016
This week, Jupiter pupils went on a nature walk around the school woods as part of their forest school activities.
The boys identified ...
- edible plants (nettles, blackberries)
- pests and weeds (nettles, thistles, brambles)
- hazel trees (how they can be coppiced and rerooted into fences)
- national flowers (thistle, daffodil)
- dangerous plants (unknown mushrooms, toadstools, fungus)
- different methods for seeding (acorns being buried by animals, wings on sycamore tree seeds)
- imported plants (yucca)
- plants that were being grown deliberately (hawthorn)
- and great British trees (oak)