HMI Monitoring Visit
27th June 2014
Following our recent HMI monitoring visit in June, we are anticipating a good outcome from our next inspection.
Headteacher, Gina Wagland, was pleased with the feedback from the inspector and in particular the following comments:
- You have comprehensive, clearly expressed information to show that targets are challenging and that rates of progress has accelerated for most pupils across during this academic year.
- There is good evidence to show that teaching has improved and is continuing to do so.
- You and your external adviser report that pupils continue to show an improved attitude to learning.
- Restraint is still used but this has continued to reduce.
- You are aware of the need to remain vigilant and take action against any signs of extremist behaviour.
- Self-evaluation is forming a stronger basis for school improvement planning and there is a good link between the two.
- Staff spoken to were positive about the way in which the school is changing and the involvement they have had in reviewing progress.